Partners in Education
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is proud to participate in Partners in Education (PIE), a nationwide program that brings businesses and local schools together to enrich learning experiences for all students.
Engaging Our Community
As part of a community-minded health system, we are committed to improving the health and well-being of our entire community. Participation in PIE is a part of that commitment and allows us to complement classroom curriculum in South Florida schools with important safety and wellness information.
Through our programs, students may see real-life applications of information in the medical field, gain safety awareness through experiences and be motivated to make good choices.
Our PIE Programs
We have developed multiple Partners in Education programs, and our PIE Liaisons and other staff volunteers work with teachers to share this information through various activities or speaking engagements.
All programs are free, most are 60 minutes or less in duration and many of them can be modified for an adult audience as well. For more information, follow the links below.
- Anti-Bullying – 45-60 minutes; 6-12 grades
- Cyber Bullying – 45-60 minutes; K-12
- No More Bullying– 45 minutes; K-5
- Bye Bye Bullying – 45 minutes; K-5
- CAB’s of CPR – 45-60 minutes; 4-12 grades
- Career Day – flexible duration; K-12
- Distracted Driving – 60 minutes; 9-12 grades
- Home Alone Safe Alone – 45 minutes; 3rd grade
- Human Trafficking Awareness – 45-60 minutes; 9-12 grades
- Know Stroke ACT F.A.S.T. – 45-60 minutes; 3-12 grades
- Nutrition/Healthy Choices – 45-60 minutes; K-12
- Poison Prevention – 45-60 minutes; 4-12 grades
- Prom Promise – 1-2 hours; 9-12 grades
- Safety Town – off-site field trip; 15-minute rotations, 4 stations; VPK, Pre-K and K
- Smoking Prevention – flexible duration; 6-12 grades
- Stop the Bleed – 60 minutes; 9-12 grades
- Teddy Bear Clinic/Poison Prevention – 40 minutes; VPK, Pre-K and K
- [U18] Sports Program – 45-60 minutes; 6-12 grades
- Vaping | E-Cigarettes– 45-60 minutes; 6-12 grades
- Water Safety – 45-60 minutes; VPK-12
Our Partners in Education Programs are coordinated by Memorial Community Relations. Please contact us at 954-276-1250 for more information or click on any of the above program links to complete a form to request a program.