Pre-Procedure Testing During COVID-19
For Patients Having Procedures Under Anesthesia or Sedation
For your safety, we require all pediatric patients (< 21 years of age under the care of Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital physicians) undergoing a procedure under anesthesia or sedation to have a COVID-19 test within 5 days before the procedure at a Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital facility. Testing is not offered for procedures at other hospitals.
You will be called with the test result prior to your child’s scheduled procedural appointment.
If you have any questions, please call:
- 954-265-0220: Weekdays before 5 pm
- 954-265-5324: Weekdays and weekends after 5 pm
Your physician will order this test, which will involve a nasal swab for your child. Upon arrival, please let our team know you are there for a “pre-procedure COVID-19 test” for your child. There will not be a separate bill for this service – it is part of the procedure.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital COVID-19 pre-procedure testing locations:
- JDCH Main Hospital Outpatient Lab: Monday - Friday from 7 am – 5:00 pm. Saturday from 7 am – 11 am. You can valet park and come in for a "swab and go" test.
- Memorial Hospital West Outpatient Testing Area: The hospital has set up an area specifically for COVID-19 pre-procedure testing. Please enter through the front of the hospital for a "swab and go" test.
Other Testing Locations
Please follow these requirements:
- Patients must be tested using a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for COVID-19 test or antigen testing from a lab (i.e., Walgreens, CVS, etc.) not a home test.
- Testing may be performed up to 5 days before a procedure
- Result forms must have:
- Name of patient
- Date of test
- Type of test
- Name of lab performing test
- Home tests are NOT accepted under any circumstances
- We will call you prior to the procedure to verify a negative result.
- Please bring results to us in writing on the day of your visit.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation!